Canoe Trip: Sudbury to the Sailing Club
2nd and 3rd June.
This is a 2 day trip from Sudbury to Cattawade or The Club (time and tide permitting) HW Sunday 15.48.
- Its for sailing club members and friends. (no unaccompanied under 16s please)
- Optional: Overnight camping at Rushbanks Farm Wissington.
- Travel logistics to be worked out nearer the time.
- Optional lunch stops include: 8 Bells public house at Bures and The Swan at Stratford St Mary.
- Craft registration licencing: well actually it’s the person, only one licence required for 2 seater canoes. Licence registration starts from £9.10 for 7days (possible £1 admin charge) and can be purchased online or by post from Riverstourtrust.org.
Rushbanks farm camping is on the River Stour so craft can be taken ashore for overnight stay. Minimum 2 night stay at weekends so would suggest putting up tents on the Friday evening. Cost per night: £22 for 2 people per tent or caravan with an additional cost of £5 per additional person. It should be possible to hire a fire pit for an evening gathering.
Could you put your names and contact on the list in the Club or contact Kelvin on the number below.