Commodore’s Note – Coronavirus – May Further Update – Returning to Sailing
We have just received the following information from HHA:
In line with the latest advice, the Authority can confirm that it is now permissible to use the waters of the Haven for boating and angling.
If you do choose to venture out onto the water once again, please be mindful of your actions and make sure that they are not likely to increase risks to any other people using those waters.
All leisure vessels users should also be advised that the Royal Yachting Association makes it clear in their latest statement that they are still ‘engaging with the RNLI and representatives from the ports and leisure marine industry to help ensure a safe return to recreational boating activity. – www.rya.org.uk.
RYA have also pointed out that the published Government guidance states that we can:
Take part in other outdoor sports and activities, including fishing – on your own, with your household, or with one other person while adhering to social distancing rules.
All forms of water sports practiced on open waterways, including sailing, windsurfing, canoeing, rowing, kayaking, surfing, paddle-boarding and the use of privately-owned motorised craft (in line with the guidance issued by the relevant navigation authority) are allowed. You can continue to use towpaths for walking, running and cycling, being mindful of other users and people living in boats along the water
- I can confirm that lift-in has been booked for 4th and 5th June – the relevant owners have been informed separately.
- The clubhouse will be unlocked from tomorrow for access to toilets only between the hours of 8.30am and 8.30pm until the lift in has taken place. The situation will be reviewed following that.
- It remains essential that social distancing and respect for others remains paramount.
- The parlour and the bar will remain closed throughout (bring your own refreshments if working on your boat!)
- If you know of anyone who is not IT savvy could you please give them a ring to keep them in the loop. Please keep your membership and mooring applications coming in as this process has not changed – especially moorings as the deadline is May 14th
If you have any concerns, questions, etc please let me know. Stay safe out there, look after yourselves.
13 May 2020